Monday 5 January 2015

Getting started

First thing I need to make space for the guitars innards which means those castors have got to go.  Sadly they're welded in but I'm sure they won't put up much of fight against my angle grinder...

 Clamped securely to the old work bench ready for some grinder work

Castors were riveted and were removed nice and easily, next I need to get rid of those spot welded support plates


Extraneous metal work has all been removed now.  Annoyingly but not unexpectedly, there has been some slight deformation of the surface and structural twisting due to the heat of the grinder.  This should be easily fixed when the surface support struts get fitted.  Also given the work I'm planning for the front, the worst of the deformations will probably be cut out anyway and little dents and dings will only add to the steam punk character I'm aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment